How to Create a Positive Mindset
A positive mindset can give you more confidence, improve your mood, and even reduce stress-related disorders. A few helpful tips to develop a positive mindset:
1. Practice gratitude, EVERYDAY, either the first thing in the morning or the last thing at night, start small and grow your list, think of people, events, things or even kindness that a friend or stranger provided to you that day!
2. Keep a gratitude journal, keeping a gratitude journal can improve your optimism and sense of well being and for those days you are having a difficult time, revisit your journal to help refocus your mindset.
3. Surround yourself with positive people, being around positive people has been shown to increase self-esteem and increasing the chances of reaching your goals. Create an uplifting playlist and include following inspiration in your feed (like ours ☺️).
4. Practice positive self-talk, we tend to be the hardest on ourselves and be our worst critic. Over time this can lower your self-esteem and can be harder to come back from. Give yourself grace and seeing mistakes and failures as growth and strength, learning lessons for the future. Leave yourself sticky notes of positivity if you need to! “Make Today Awesome”
5. Focus on the good things in life. Challenging situations and obstacles are a part of life. Focus on the good things no matter how small or insignificant they may be, because it might just be the thing that gets you through the storm.
As much as we want to avoid trauma or difficult situations in our life, it just doesn’t work that way, but changing your mindset and focusing on the positive now, can help you later when something arises.
Stay positive warriors because you got this!!